If you want to open a Jet account but are unsure how to do this, here is an easy to follow, step-by-step guide to get you started.
Firstly answer these questions:
Are you 18-years-old or older?
Are you employed, a pensioner or a student?
Do you have a valid Identity document?
If you have answered yes to all of the questions above, you can open a Jet account.
What you need to do:
- Go to your nearest Jet store and open an account with one of Jet’s friendly assistants and join the Jet family.
What you will need:
- You will need your ID (see below). If you are self-employed, you will also need to provide a three month bank statement.
- You will have to fill out a new account application form.
- Remember when opening up an account, the following are some of the aspects that will be looked at: your personal details, your income, your expenses, your contact details and your employment details.
ID – Identity document
Documents that will be accepted:
- Identity document or
- A temporary ID with a photo stamped by the Department of Home Affairs;
- South African passport;
- Foreign passport (Permanent residence permit must be provided).
- South African driver’s licence (new ‘credit card’ type)
The friendly consultant will:
- Ask if you already have an existing account within the EDCON (Edgars/Jet) Group.
- Do an identification check.
- Check that the ID number has been correctly copied onto the application form.
- Check that the student card is valid (if applicable), has not expired and has a photograph of the customer who claims to be a full time student.
If the application is successful
- You will be offered a 12 month interest-bearing credit account.
- The store will issue you with a pre-agreement statement.
- Once signed; the consultant will give you a card and link your card(s) to the account number that has been allocated.
You can immediately join Jet Club on your account application form (this is best so that you do not miss out on the fantastic Jet Club benefits and offers) or once you have a Jet account, you can also join the Jet Club by calling one of these numbers:
0860 005 006 (from SA)
0800 600 616 (from Botswana)
00271 333 1486 (from Swaziland)
0026461 225 431 (from Namibia)
Or SMS ‘jetclub’ with your surname and Jet card number to 35442 and we will call you back!
*Standard SMS rates apply.